Sunday 26 February 2012

Back on Track and changing it up

After last weeks sts... i have to admit i was really downhearted but i worked hard and stuck within my pp and used a lot more weeklies than i usually would.

My nerves were gone getting on the scales because it wasn't the kind of week with pp that i usually have. I needn't have worried. DOWN 2.5lb. I was delighted with  myself. until i remembered that I had 3lb to my first stone! what a kicker! haha! but at least I know I that if i work at it this week i will definitely have my stone next week.

I have started to change up my food too. More fruits. Different veggies. More fish.

Come on, how many times have you had chicken in the last week... it gets so tedious!
Chicken is so versatile, don't get me wrong and can be brilliant. But come on...chicken, chicken, chicken.... blah blah blah!!!

So this week, I bought some fresh fish in the fish mongers, lovely haddock with a pp value of only 2pp for 165g. Add in some mash (WW mash only 2pp for 3 discs) and loadsa free veggies, you are looking at a lovely dinner for just 4pp!!!

Made a lovely veggie stir fry with some noodles and then add in some frozen (or fresh) prawns instead and a dash of sweet chilli sauce... another nice dinner for 7pp.

I also like lovely creamy cheesey pasta. I chopped mushrooms and red onions and lots of garlic and fried them up in my spray oil... (all free so far) I cooked up 2pp worth of pasta (I use 20g of tagliatelli) into the veggies I throw half a tub of philly garlic & herbs (4pp). Once the pasta is cooked I throw it into the cheesey veggies and then just before I served it up I threw in some wafer thin ham for 1pp. This is HUGE!!! not too shabby at all for 7pp....

If like me you are mad for the likes of garlic bread, I made up my own, using the small ciabattas rolls which i have pp at 5pp. I cut them in half, use low fat spread to make the garlic butter (I use 2 teaspoons for 2pp) add some garlic and some herbs like parsely and stick it under the grill. It was MAGIC!!!!  I just had one half of the ciabata garlic bread myself so I pp at 4pp just to be safe.

What I have realised is, I can still have what I like, I just need to be careful in the preparation of it and make some good choices.

Don't get me wrong I would murder a batter burger! haha!!!

This weeks aim is to get that stone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment