Sunday 5 February 2012

Soupful Sundays recipes...





Firstly I made a vegetable stock from the peelings, skins and off cuts from all the vegetables. (Butternut squash skins, carrot skins, a stick of celery, offcuts of leek, apple skins, onions and herbs and 1 litre of water.) I brought this stock to the boil with some salt and pepper and then simmered on a low heat. I used this same stock for each of my soups.

 Tomato, Celery & Apple Soup 0pp

Taking my lead from the WW Fabulous & Filling cookbook, I made this recipe a zero pro point soup.

  • Chop 2 sticks of celery and use some low fat cooking spray to fry them with some finely diced shallots. Add 1 apple (I used a granny smith apple) and fry until soft.
  • Stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes and simmer
  • Add a few spoonfuls of the stock at a time and then transfer to a blender or food processor
  • Once blended, return to the pot and check consistency, season to taste

Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup - 0pp

  • Sweat off some onions and add softened butternut squash & carrot (I steamed them in the microwave... )
  • Saute these in the pot for 5 minutes and add some parsely
  • Stir in some of the stock and blitz in the blender/processor
  • Check the consistancy add more stock if needed, season to taste

Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup 0pp

  • Roast half a red, green and yellow pepper in the oven @ 180 for 20 mins with about 8 cherry tomatoes & lots of black pepper
  • Once roasted add to a pot and saute with some onions
  • Add some of stock, and let simmer for 5 mins.
  • Blitz in the blender/processor
  • Add more stock if required
  • Season to taste

Leek & Sweet Potato Soup - 1pp

  • Steam some sweet potato in the microwave (I used 100g for this recipe)
  • While this is steaming, saute the 1 large leek with shallots or onions
  • When the sweet potato is steamed, add to the leeks and break the sweet potato up and saute off for 5 mins
  • blend to a paste in blender/processor
  • Return to the pot and add stock until you get the consistency you like
  • Season to taste
I haven't got a lot of lunchboxes/ containers so I decanted these soups into zip lock bags. The plan is to take them out the night before I need them and put them into a lunchbox to be reheated in work! :D

Hope you find these as tasty as I do... :D





No comments:

Post a Comment